Re: Mouse grabs

Quoting Eli Barzilay:
> When a canvas gets a mouse click, it grabs all events until release -
> this makes it impossible to implement drag&drop easily since the
> original canvas will get the mouse-up event.  Is there any way around
> this or some way to avoid this grabbing?

Not currently.

I doubt that simply turning off the grab would be helpful. Otherwise,
how would you know when the user releases the mouse button?

Perhaps the solution is to be able to queue an event for the window at
a particular (global) location. Then, to implement drag-and-drop, you
can queue an event for the window at the location where the mouse
button is released.

Matthew