Re: Scaling bitmaps?

Quoting Eli Barzilay:
> Isn't it possible to draw a bitmap using different sizes so it'll
> scale?  This sound like something simple, but I tried to look
> everywhere and couldn't find anything...

Not currently. The reason is that it isn't simple to implement under X,
as least as far as I can tell. (It's trivial under Windows and MacOS,
and easy to support for PostScript output.)

Am I overlooking something in the X library? Or perhaps someone knows
of publically-available code --- in a reasonably compact form --- that
scales bitmaps in X?

Thanks,
Matthew