Explanations of features of the On-line Application:
Program Information Page
- 1. Program Interest – Here you will select Computer Science MS or PhD, or Computing MS or PhD
- 2. Emphasis Area or Track – Here you will Select your three top choices for research areas.
The Emphasis Areas for the Computer Science Degrees are:
- – Algorithms and Computational Geometry
- – Data Management and Analysis
- – Educational Software
- – Formal Methods including verification tools, Logic, Theorem Proving and Industrial Applications
- – Graphics
- – Hardware systems including Architecture and VLSI
- – Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
- – Image Analysis
- – Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing
- – Networking, Embedded Systems, and Operating Systems
- – Programming Languages and Compilers
- – Robotics
- – Scientific Computing, Parallel Computing, Computational Science Applications and Software Architecture
- – Visualization
The Emphasis Areas for the Computing Tracks are:
Program Concentration Page
- 1. Again, please select Computer Science MS or PhD, or Computing MS or PhD in the pull down box.On the same page, all MS students must select a Thesis/Non-Thesis option in the “area of interest” pulldown box.
- 2. Faculty Members – Please select up to three faculty members who you would like to study with. Make sure you peruse their portfolios beforehand so you can choose a professor in your emphasis area.
GPA – If your GPA is not calculated on a 4.0 scale, please enter the number as stated on your transcript. Our department and the international admissions will calculate the equivalent GPA.
Social Security Number (SSN) – If you don’t have this, please leave field blank.
Please read instructions carefully before beginning the application process, once application is completed please review before submitting.
Thanks for applying!